Effective altruism is about answering one simple question: how can we use our resources to help others the most? Rather than just doing what feels right, we use evidence and careful analysis to find the very best causes to work on. But it's no use answering the question unless you act on it. Effective altruism is about following through. It's about being generous with your time and your money to do the most good you can.
- Famine, Affluence, and Morality, by Peter Singer (1971) https://www.utilitarian.net/singer/by/1972----.htm
- How can we help the world? A flowchart http://globalprioritiesproject.org/2015/09/flowhart/
In the media
- These are the charities where your money will do the most good https://www.vox.com/2015/12/1/9826838/best-charities-donate-2018-giving
- How To Do The Most Good: An Interview With Will MacAskill https://dailystoic.com/will-macaskill-interview/
- Doing good better https://www.effectivealtruism.org/doing-good-better/
- The most good you can do https://yalebooks.yale.edu/book/9780300219869/most-good-you-can-do